COVID-19 Policies for Helprs
We appreciate your understanding and your following of these guidelines as we strive to keep health and safety at top of mind for all at Helpr.
COVID-19 vaccination status:
- Note your household vaccination status and your preference around sitter vaccination status in the booking details.
- In order to accept ‘vaccinated caregivers only’ bookings, helprs must have already uploaded proof of vaccination to Helpr.
- Your vaccination status will be marked in your app profile and included in the booking confirmation.
- Masking is at the discretion of the client user.
- Bring a mask in case the client prefers/asks that you wear one.
Working with Helpr after a COVID-19 exposure or positive test result:
- After notification of an exposure to COVID-19:
- Please review CDC guidelines for what to do after an exposure to COVID-19.
- Per CDC guidelines, if you receive notification that you’ve had a close contact exposure to COVID-19, you should test for the virus.
- If symptomatic of any type of illness, please follow Helpr’s sick policy and cancel upcoming care by filling out the cancellation form ASAP. Please also refrain from accepting new jobs until you are no longer symptomatic. Check out our sick pay option here!
- If you are not symptomatic of illness and if you test negative, you can continue your work with Helpr but please continue to follow CDC guidelines of monitoring signs of illness, masking and testing.
- If you testpositive for COVID-19:
- Please review CDC guidelines for what to do after you test positive for COVID-19.
- Please notify Helpr so we can pause your profile to allow you time to recover and to avoid clients booking you for care during this time.
- Please cancel all upcoming confirmed bookings by filling out the Helpr Cancellation form ASAP.
- To return to working with Helpr after a positive COVID-19 test result, once symptoms have ceased, please upload a negative COVID-19 test* to Helpr’s secure file (linked below). The test must be taken 6 or more days after your onset of symptoms.
*What kind of test can I submit?
- Tests performed by a testing center/medical professional are preferred. Look for appointments in your area through your insurance, at community health centers or private companies.
- We’ll also accept an at-home rapid test. If your at-home rapid test does not include your name or the date the test was taken, please upload a picture of the test on a piece of paper with your name signed, printed and the date your test was taken.
Negative tests must be submitted to Helpr’s secure file here. Don’t forget to notify firstname.lastname@example.org after you upload!